Western Asset Management
Our ten week internship program is designed to provide valuable career experience for students who wish to apply their education and skills in a global fixed-income-oriented work environment. This is an intensive program that mirrors the responsibilities of an entry-level position within the Firm. Participants get on-the-job training as well as technical and business-oriented education. As a summer intern at Western Asset, you will be performing real work that contributes significantly to the success of the organization.
What you will do
- Provide research and analysis to inform the risk assessment process, assessing portfolio risk exposure, understanding benchmark characteristics and determining trade allocation parameters.
- Insure the integrity of all data being utilized, to include monitoring the daily process that maintains and updates the primary securities database and related analytical system.
- Perform quantitative analysis as required for portfolio specific analysis.
- A PhD or Master level students from a quantitative field such as Finance, Econometrics, or Physical Sciences with a proven record of academic excellence and achievement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in fixed income financial markets
- Strong technological acumen; advanced Excel, Access queries, SQL, etc.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg API highly desires