Country:United States of America
Location:CABRA: Bradenton Florida 8985 Town Center Parkway, Bradenton, FL, 34202 USA
Developers at UTC have a passion for writing object-oriented, reusable enterprise-level software. If you are looking for an opportunity to do application development in C++ and C#, or implement REST based APIs in a service-based architecture, we want to meet you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented Software Development Engineer to contribute to our growing delivery team.
The Software Development Engineer will review and contribute to requirements, plan and estimate development work, architect, design and implement software solutions, assist with test plans and documentation, and maintain those solutions. This position produces significant results through a broad and deep functional knowledge, demonstration of independence, sound engineering judgment, the building of strong coaching/mentoring peer relationships, and skills in software design, programming, and enterprise software.
Under minimal supervision, the Software Development Engineer can be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project. This position contributes to their team by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas or disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Champion best practices for software development.
- Work closely with platform and web developers to ensure the integrity of the application throughout the development life cycle.
- Work within a cross-functional software team to produce tangible, functional deliverables.
- Architect, design, and implement features in existing applications, new applications, and service-based solutions.
- Translate agile software development stories into reusable units of functionality.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience developing server applications.
- REST or other web API knowledge and experience.
- Strong knowledge of a popular programming language and its paradigms.
- Experience with multi-threaded server applications.
- Familiarity with source control management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work.
- Assertive and respectful in technical discussions.
- Experience working with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Work with open source projects.
- Knowledge of Multiple languages and programming paradigms.
- Experience with Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) or other message queue technologies.
- Experience integrating hardware and/or working with low level device protocols.
Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.5 years of experience = P2.