PACCAR Technical Center
PACCAR Technical Center is seeking an intern for an aftertreatment calibration testing position. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from industry leading calibrators firsthand about the work that makes Kenworth and Peterbilt vehicles the best heavy duty vehicles in North America.
This internship is very demanding, and is a great opportunity to learn about cutting edge emissions approaches through hands-on training and experience. The ideal candidate is someone that understands basic diesel engine operation, tailpipe emissions, and emission control methods.
Our group evaluates calibrations by testing vehicles over customer-representative cycles in all weather conditions, including local roads and routes in Northern Canada; Denver, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; and Death Valley, CA.
The intern will be responsible for evaluating a specific aftertreatment control module, and will coordinate testing related to the aftertreatment function. This may include bench testing, engine dynamometer testing, and will include in-vehicle verification.Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started! Division Information
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington. Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Operating data recording equipment to record vehicle performance information
- Analyzing and summarizing recorded data
- Reviewing calibrations for potential improvements
- Creating test trip checklists and preparing vehicles for offsite work
- Communicating vehicle preparation needs to technicians
- Documenting practices and procedures from testing activities
- Preparation for and participation in cutting edge research projects
- Travel to remote testing locationsQualifications
- Understanding of basic diesel engine operation, tailpipie emissions and emission control methods
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Knowledge or experience with heavy duty vehicles is desiredEducation
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.