Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a Software Developer to work in their Global Product Enablement group located in Poughkeepsie, NY.
You will collaborate with experienced Software Developers and Technical Writers to transition IBM Mainframe Installation document creation from Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) based technology to Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) (XML based technology). Other responsibilities include:
- Converting assigned files into the new authoring tool for the project
- Convert assigned ide files into .dita files, using the processes and tools defined by the team
- Check-in imbed files, dita files, graphics and tables as they successively become ready
- Utilize the test environment to examine output files- dump, imbed, URL
- Document the conversion process in order to create a source of information for future reference
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior successful IBM internship with the Chief Data Office in Summer 2019
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Developer or a related field
- Programming skills in HTML
- Experience with HTML Editors, specifically Arbortext and Oxygen Author
- Technical Writing skills
- DITA commands, the editor, and associated tools knowledge
- SGML programming
- Proven (verbal and written) communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding and possible knowledge of Worldwide Installation Instruction work environment, including Eclipse
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.