Electrical Distribution Framework Design
You will be assisting in the design of our vehicle’s electrical distribution framework. The position involves making architecture design decisions in coordinator with all other Tesla teams, taking up responsibility for a wide variety of electrical components and wire harnesses, and taking part in all stages of the design process, all the way up to manufacturing.
The candidate should be familiar with system-level power delivery, interconnects, and have a high-level understanding of serial communication protocols, such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Bluetooth, or DP.
- Degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related degree field.
- Experience developing and maintaining tools to manage the wire, connector and parts libraries, crimp validations, and service documentation.
- Optimization, rapid prototyping, and full-scale/automated production.
- Excellent team and person-to-person communication skills.
- Ability to learn and ramp-up quickly given new work loads.
- Preferred experience with software development.
- Preferred experience with Linux systems.
- Preferred experience in student vehicle team (i.e. FSAE, Hyperloop, etc.).
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program