IlliniCare Health Plan
Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university or college, preferably in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.
- Assist with authorizations for treatments
- Communicate with various providers including facilities and clinics on member status
- Communicate with outpatient facilities on treatment status for mental health and substance abuse for acute and non-acute issues
- Learn CPT codes
- Analyze metrics for continuation and efficacy of treatments
- Enrollment in social work, psychology or other mental health undergraduate program
- Knowledge of or experience with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Excel
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.