As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Senior Salesforce Business Analyst role supports the Business by working with the development teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Makes independent, creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects and implementing IT business solutions. Expert analytical resource focusing on highly visible, complex and critical business priorities. Forecasts and establishes plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting significant information technology components into the organization architecture.
- Support Salesforce implementation based on business needs
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Proven Salesforce.com integration and administrative skills
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Build and maintain Salesforce reports and dashboards to track KPIs and develop actionable intelligence and metrics around sales funnel.
- Monitor and manage data integrity while promoting best practices for system usage.
- Understands all aspects of Salesforce configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to the Salesforce release upgrades
- Apply change management processes for documenting, communicating, and testing code releases from Sandboxes to Production environments
- Manage and configure Salesforce integrations, including custom integrations
- Manage and configure Salesforce Sales & Service Cloud
- Proficient in Lightning Platform and capabilities
- Manages all new user set-ups and deactivation, including transferring ownership of accounts/contacts/opportunities for deactivated users
- Regularly audits data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvement
- Maintains updated system documentation and Salesforce policies/procedures
- Abide by team coding standards, development processes and best practices
- Work effectively individually and with team members to achieve customer satisfaction and success.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Assist in the enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Support the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of Voya’s software products including vendor solutions to QA, and ultimately to production
- Operate at a high technical level for all phases of IT projects; ensuring broader business implications of proposed IT solutions are considered.
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems using applied research and tools; reviews new products/services using pre-established evaluation criteria that include architecture standards and the standards to request proposals with outside firms
- Coaches and mentors less experienced analysts. Assign, check work and provide guidance on assignments to other team members
Knowledge & Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements:
- Certified Salesforce Administrator essential required.
- Salesforce Platform Dev I and II certifications desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- Eight + years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Enterprise Testing, Quality Standards, and software product knowledge (architecture, infrastructure security, DevOps, etc.)
- SDLC knowledge
- Agile Software development environment methodologies
- Business requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Functional requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Requirements Analysis, Planning & prioritization execution
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitation execution
- Financial Management knowledge
- Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Supplier/Vendor management
- Analytical /data analysis skills
- Change Management
- Consensus building to gather requirements
- Interviewing skills among stakeholders
- Meeting facilitation (in person and virtual)
- Communication Skills
- Written, verbal and presentation skills, detail orientated
- Functional communication to technical stakeholders, Technical communication to non-technical stakeholders
- Problem Solving Skills
- Collaboration with internal and external teams and business partners
- Business Acumen among LOBs (past, current, future goals, strategies and plans)
- Business relationship management
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills .