Mesirow Financial Administrative Corp
Mesirow Financial is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate and individual clients achieve their objectives. Our professionals are inspired by an entrepreneurial desire to develop tailored solutions designed to deliver measurable results.
We are currently seeking a long-term intern to work in our IT department’s Shared Service Application Development team. Mesirow internship positions are for savvy, adaptable students interested in learning more about Financial Services Industry with specific focus on Investment Management and Capital Markets. The internship is designed to help the students enhance their overall communication and presentation skills. The interns also learn to build consensus among different teams with conflicting priorities and to thrive in a dynamic organization. We look for students who want an opportunity to interact with all levels of management, rotate through business units and work on meaningful projects.
Our IT Internship is designed to capture the best and brightest students off college campuses in order to build bench strength in various functions in our IT department. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work full time during the summer prior to their senior year of school, and part time during the academic school year. The part time scheduling portion of the Internship is very flexible, allowing for the Intern to match their school schedule with Mesirow’s workplace needs. The Intern will work closely with other developers and analysts in the application development area, and will be given the opportunity to work on projects and activities aimed at creating either new applications or enhancing existing apps. The Intern’s Mentor will work with the Intern to ensure meaningful work is being done during their work experience. Successful intern may be offered full-time employment upon graduation.
Successful individuals should be following an academic track preferably in Computer Science.
We have great opportunities for talented and motivated students who are interested in gaining valuable industry experience to complement their academic studies. You will have the opportunity to help with existing projects as well as unstructured time where you can innovate and use your own creativity to work on fresh ideas.
The intern will report to Senior Vice President of Application Development. The intern will also have access to other leads and several IT associates to help mentor, motivate and encourage as the intern gains valuable insight into various functions within IT.
- Modify and maintain existing software applications
- Develop Integrations using Dell Boomi and Informatica
- Enhance functionality of Mesirow’s ERP system, using SuiteScript JS framework
- Provide support and maintenance duties when required
- Work closely with software development team, end-users, and management to define requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional code
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Must have GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Strong Object-Oriented language fundamentals
- At least one-year experience developing in C# or .NET applications
- Proven ability developing with Microservices using RESTful API
- Strong understanding and knowledge of responsive design using HTML5 and CSS3
- Exposure and ability to learn Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Considerable knowledge and experience in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to work in teams
- Must have advanced Excel skills including experience running macros and utilizing a variety of formulas.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to interact well with various levels of personnel.
- Attention to detail.