If you have a passion to help other learn and the ability to translate complex material into learning content, Konecranes is eager to add you to our team as an Instructional Designer. Our Technical Training Department conducts over 5000 training days per year providing hands-on instruction to our service technicians. Proper instructional design techniques are vital for Konecranes to maximize that learning experience for our technicians in a profitable manner. The Instructional Designer is crucial to translating our Subject Matter Experts’ knowledge into actionable training material. The Instructional Designer, working with SMEs, will create a course to address a business need using the ADDIE model. Apply now if you are ready for a career with a company that is dedicate to continuous learning.
- Conduct business/needs analysis related proposed technical training topics
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create course materials in PPT and Word using Konecranes instructional design templates.
- Determine the appropriate format for information presentation and application exercises
- Create assessments that will measure knowledge acquisition.
- Create demonstrated skills assessments to measure skill competencies
- Create eLearning modules using Articulate software suite
- Create interactive tutorials using Articulate software suite
- Create “how-to” reference videos using common video editing software
- Revise course delivery materials as needed
- Act as a consultant to Trainers offering advice to strengthen delivery methods and improve facilitation skills
- Assist Trainers with course development duties such as formatting, document and presentation layouts, and graphic design
- Other duties as required
REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated experience developing instructional materials and courses used in a classroom setting. This can include work in Grade 8-12 schools, non-profits and corporate learning departments.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in an education discipline or demonstrated experience working in an instructional design role.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)