CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Social Media Advocacy Response Team will be responsible for understanding and enhancing the overall customer advocacy model and identifying areas for program improvement and expansion. The Social Media Advocacy Response Team strives to create an atmosphere of customer advocacy via social media; providing each customer with exceptional customer service. The internship experience will take place with our Customer Service team members located in the Monroe, LA, and Johnson City, TN, offices. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
- Understand the daily Social Media customer service workflow management.
- Build an understanding of the overall Customer Advocacy Group structure and model.
- Complete a competitive analysis of the CenturyLink social media customer service landscape.
- Understand and analyze the role forums and/or communities play within digital customer service support models.
- Identify growth opportunities to better engage and serve customers by enhancing their knowledge of CenturyLink and creating a positive experience.
- Develop recommended customer engagement opportunities for CenturyLink consumer advocacy.
- Design customer service implementation models for a quick and effective go-to-market strategy.
- Provide ongoing updates throughout the project to the Customer Advocacy leadership team.
- Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; preferred senior level status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- Must have transportation to/from work daily.
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to communicate ongoing updates via appropriate medium.
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to CAG leadership.
Alternate Location: US-Tennessee-Johnson City
Requisition #: 216661
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.