Dawn of Hope Inc.
Dawn of Hope Inc., is a prevention education nonprofit agency designed to empower girls to live healthy and respectful lives that promote positive self-esteem, develop leadership and life skills, advance etiquette techniques and inspire service learning. This agency is designed to provide practical instruction to girl’s ages 8-18, to help them to develop their character, build positive self-esteem, embrace their God-given gifts, become leaders, appreciate sisterhood, and serve community.
Description: Dawn of Hope Inc., seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. The marketing intern that will be responsible for assisting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing and public relations initiatives within the Washington DC area. This is an excellent opportunity to develop, maintain and expand marketing methodologies while working for a small, yet, growing nonprofit organization based in New Jersey.
- Collaborate with the public, businesses and community-based organizations to raise awareness of the publication and other services available.
- Create comprehensive database of targeted businesses and community organizations.
- Assist in coordinating various marketing methods including conferences, internet, social media and grassroots marketing efforts.
- Assist in the coordination of events.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing newsletter/blog.
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
- Designing flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Dawn of Hope Inc.
- Update Dawn of Hope Inc., website when needed.
- Reach out to community organizations, public and donors with Dawn of Hope Inc., message in the forefront.
- Firm grasp of social media platforms and tools
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in the related field (e.g. English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous related experience in marketing or public relations is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Dawn of Hope Inc., and the communities we serve
*Dawn of Hope Inc is an EOE/Minority/Women/ employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Other forms