- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Privacy Engineering, or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in privacy engineering, data privacy, or applying privacy research and practices to real world problems through projects or coursework.
- Experience interacting with diverse technical or non-technical groups, either in an academic or organizational setting.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Privacy Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Understanding of technical privacy issues and experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Patience and negotiation skills with a track record of achieving good user outcomes.
- Ability to communicate across disciplines.
About the job
As a Privacy Engineer, you will lead the creation of product privacy guidelines, design review, privacy audits, risk analysis and application-level vulnerability testing across Google products. In this role, you will analyze software designs and implementations from a privacy and UX perspective and work to drive privacy best practices across the company. You will develop technical solutions to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and advocate for strong privacy design across Google. You will also connect with academic/trade privacy research communities to share new ideas and learn from others. You will work closely with other software engineers, product managers, legal and policy teams to build new features, and work on critical efforts. You should have a passion for privacy and user choice, plus a good understanding of security infrastructure, design analysis, and research experience.
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. Privacy Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end ninjas: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Analyze software designs and implementations from a privacy and UX perspective.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities.
- Apply strong privacy design across Google.