Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International
As the key player in data distribution, the team is also integral in the creation process of digital products and influences their technical design.
This is a great opportunity to see your work in the wild delivering top quality products consumed by millions.
Disney Seattle is a large, flourishing tech-focused office, where teams develop internet applications and services for all of the major domestic and international businesses across Disney. The office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle, near convenient public transport hubs, easy access to ferries, buses, and situated across from the iconic Seattle library.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll bring a product to life with a small team of other interns from engineering, design & testing, while receiving guidance from a team of experienced technical mentors.
You will evaluate requirements, estimate costs, and create features and services to solve problems at hand. You will also define and implement the quality criteria for your services, using measurements and insights to understand and validate the quality of experience for customers. You will manage risks, leverage other products and technologies, and drive integration with the broader ecosystem. As a software engineer intern, you will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of development and quality of a product (and associated services) that delights customers of Disney.
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Proficient in Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures and software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux CLI
- Collaborative work-ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ownership and passion for technology
- Full stack development experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
Preferred Education :
Sophomore, Junior or Senior Level undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or related field
Additional Information :
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 - August/September 2020. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.